The Butler Bros, founded in Austin in 2002, is a brand studio that believes radical collaboration is the true path to brand transformation. We use empathy, insights and ingenuity to design communications that move people, grow brands and obliterate the status quo. See a portfolio of our work at thebutlerbros.com.
We are seeking a candidate with at least 5 years of experience for our Senior Designer position. This position reports directly to our Design Director. You’ve proven your capability with a strong portfolio that is heavy on identity and branding. Candidate must provide examples of strategic branding projects for large organizations or established companies. Candidate must exhibit competence in taking initial brand design and extending it across a variety of media including print and digital. Candidate must showcase interest and expertise in diverse categories — currently we work in education, non-profits, craft beer, spirits, food and more. Our shop is multidisciplinary and this requires a willingness to push beyond boundaries and embrace any medium. We believe in “radical collaboration” and you will be involved in every stage of the sausage making. Your role will be hands-on and multifaceted. But, first and foremost we expect you to remain focused on being a designer at your core — crafting stellar work and relentlessly chasing something special. Your responsibilities will be manifold. The list below is not all encompassing but gives a good overview of expectations:
- A “can-do” attitude and a willingness to problem solve for clients within brand guidelines and client feedback — ability to work within a brand’s tone, look and feel
- Create memorable design work that is smart, compelling, and strategically grounded
- Work closely with team members — playing the role of “design advocate”
- Responsive to critique while also defending work you care about — ability to synthesize creative direction and client feedback and work towards strong design solutions while maintaining a positive attitude
- Willingness to learn and explore constantly — stay abreast of current design and cultural trends and continually share this knowledge
- Understanding of prepress, setting up mechanicals, paper, and printing techniques — ensure quality control of all creative deliverables, especially at the production stage
- Healthy level of perfectionism
You are in sync with our core values:
- Never stop learning. Be ready with your ears and mind wide open. Life is a classroom.
- Mean it without being mean. People may forget what you say, but not how you make them feel.
- Keep on pushing. Be uncomfortably comfortable with your work. Ideas are a renewable resource.
- Get home for dinner. Take adventures large and small. Better work comes from a rested mind.
The Butler Bros has a strong employee benefit program. Full time employees receive three weeks of paid time off per year, paid holiday closures including an extra week off between Christmas and New Years, employer paid health, dental and vision insurance, employer paid life insurance and long term disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, bonuses for performance based on company profitability and performance and a one month sabbatical after seven years of continuous full time employment. We also host weekly yoga classes for our team.
Must be a radical collaborator and have stories and references to prove it. Email your cover letter, resume, digital portfolio and three references to email@example.com. * Please, no phone calls.